Customer Care Manager
Position: Customer Care Manager
Company: Amalgam Rx, Inc.
Department: Regulatory & Quality
Hiring Manager: VP, Reg & Quality
Company Overview: At Amalgam Rx, our mission is to empower patients and providers to make the best decisions possible - in the provider workflow and in patients’ everyday lives. Through a suite of EHR Solutions and a modular SaMD platform, Amalgam enables the leading life sciences companies, health plans, and provider organizations to collaboratively reimagine healthcare and create lasting change across the ecosystem.
We blend art, science, and technology to create and distribute exceptional – often regulated - digital products, including digital medicine, patient identification, clinical decision support, clinical trial recruiting, and more. Our modular platform enables rapid solution creation and is directly integrated in the EHR workflow - allowing for rapid scale across health systems and around the world. Today, Amalgam's algorithms and applications support nearly 10 million patients across 4 continents and have helped providers make over 50 million decisions.
We seek brilliant minds and passionate individuals to help us realize our vision and continue our rapid growth. We challenge each other, learn from each other, work hard, and have fun together. You’ll come to work every day with an opportunity to break new ground, and if you believe in the limitless potential of digital health, you’ll love the team.
Job Purpose: The Customer Care Manager is responsible for managing the customer care team to ensure that customer feedback is responded to in a timely manner, appropriately escalated, and triaged to appropriate departments for resolution and continual improvement of the products and services offered by Amalgam Rx, Inc.
The Customer Care Manager leads the department in developing processes and supporting materials to enhance the customer care process, including but not limited to reporting and monitoring resolution of issues to closure with appropriate documentation; identifying potential or adverse events that require escalation, and analyzing trends in customer feedback to improve users’ experiences.
Position Type: Full-time position
Location: Remote, travel when needed.
- Contributes customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards and processes
- Responds to customers’ questions
- Investigates customer concerns
- Detects and resolves problems
- Clearly documents customer feedback to facilitate resolution by cross-functional team
- Studies, evaluates, and re-designs processes based on results
- Provides problem-solving resources, technical resources, and help desk resources
- Prepares and completes actions plans
- Completes audits
- Identifies customer care trends and determines system improvements
- Conducts surveys, focus groups, and audits and initiates corrective actions as needed
- Communicates with RAQS as needed for medical device complaint handling and potential/actual adverse events and advisory notices
- Manages staff through appropriate coaching and evaluation
- Oversees customer care team to ensure workforce is capable and effective
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in customer care management
- Positive attitude and excellent customer service to all customers
- Strong decision-making skills
- Proven problem solver and leader
- Able to develop standards and processes and continually refine them
- Able to manage processes, identify barriers, and suggest resolutions
- Able to clearly communicate complex information
- Able to execute in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Uncompromising commitment to quality
- Team player, good listener, and capable of building strong relationships
- Enthusiasm, high energy, and mind-blowing determination to succeed
- Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics
Knowledge & Experience:
- Startup experience in healthcare is a plus
- Proven experience in customer service, operations, or support, ideally within a regulated environment
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of software development
- Knowledge and/or experience in healthcare systems
- Proficiency in customer service software and Office products
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Compensation Benefits: Amalgam offers competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, plus equity ownership for all employees.