Senior Director, Healthcare Enterprise Solutions
Position: Senior Director, Healthcare Enterprise Solutions
Company: Amalgam Rx, Inc.
Hiring Manager: Chief Growth Officer
Company Overview: At Amalgam Rx, our mission is to empower patients and providers to make the best decisions possible - in the provider workflow and in patients’ everyday lives. Through a suite of EHR Solutions and a modular SaMD platform, Amalgam enables the leading life sciences companies, health plans, and provider organizations to collaboratively reimagine healthcare and create lasting change across the ecosystem.
We blend art, science, and technology to create and distribute exceptional – often regulated - digital products, including digital medicine, patient identification, clinical decision support, clinical trial recruiting, and more. Our modular platform enables rapid solution creation and is directly integrated in the EHR workflow - allowing for rapid scale across health systems and around the world. Today, Amalgam's algorithms and applications support nearly 10 million patients across 4 continents and have helped providers make over 50 million decisions.
We seek brilliant minds and passionate individuals to help us realize our vision and continue our rapid growth. We challenge each other, learn from each other, work hard, and have fun together. You’ll come to work every day with an opportunity to break new ground, and if you believe in the limitless potential of digital health, you’ll love the team.
Job Purpose: Opportunity to establish and lead a pre and post sales engineering and implementation function to scale an intelligent marketplace or “app store” across all EHR’s. Doing so enables providers to practice medicine at the highest quality as efficiently as possible. Today’s EMR/EHR’s are largely billing systems that Amalgam transforms into intelligent clinical and business assets. We believe in making it easy, so our platform is quick to activate, requires no training, and delivers immediate value to health systems through higher revenue, lower costs, better care, and easier workdays.
This solutions architect leadership role is a vital link between health systems and Amalgam’s Commercial, Product, and Engineering teams. The role is critical to expanding our health system footprint, and the larger the footprint, the greater the motivation for our payer and life sciences customers to add solutions to our EHR marketplace. The more solutions, the more providers, and the more opportunities for us to monetize our platform.
The talent bar will be high as the right candidate is crucial to maintain our exceptional growth and is essential to support our organizational expansion, culture, and achievement of our mission to enable better healthcare decisions at scale.
Position Type: Full-time position
Location: U.S. remote. Travel as needed with the expectation of in-person engagement at industry events, key accounts, and sales team and company meetings.
- Establish Amalgam’s first formal Enterprise Solutions team, objectives, and processes.
- Initially, perform as a solo superstar. Then, as we grow, becoming a player coach while guiding the Enterprise Solutions team towards best-in-class impact, such that our customers can’t live without them.
- Leverage your technical knowledge and passion for growing a business to oversee pre- and post-sales technical activities.
- Provide overall program and strategic project management for enterprise healthcare customer implementations.
- Work closely with Sales to ensure that Enterprise Solutions can fully support ongoing and expanding commercial activities.
- Partner with Product to champion improvements to ensure that the Amalgam EHR Solutions suite continues to align with customer clinical and information system’s needs.
- Ensure implementations of Amalgam’s EHR Solutions meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Develop continuous improvement methodology and process for both pre- and post-sales.
- Balance, reprioritize and assign tasks and/or negotiate resources to optimize schedules and outcomes on multiple projects.
- Effectively lead, manage, and develop teams as we grow.
- Escalate and resolve team, product, and customer issues.
- Scope implementation efforts to support sales engagements with large customer accounts, partnerships, and KOLs.
- Relentless desire for exponential growth.
- Seeks to transform the quality of healthcare, at scale.
- Recognized industry thought leader / change agent.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats to “get the job done.”
- Fast learner and excellent at sharing knowledge and building alignment across diverse internal functions.
- Ability to uncover customer needs and recognize opportunities to solve their problems.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 12+ years of experience in Healthcare IT, EMR integration, and/or system interoperability.
- 5+ years of experience leading a highly technical team focused on efficiently and effectively delivering customer focused solutions.
- Expert knowledge of interoperability between healthcare technology platforms and healthcare IT.
- Advanced experience with APIs, HL7, and EHR Architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain exceptional personal relationships with key stakeholders at +5 health systems, with a particular emphasis on building connections with CEOs, Chief Quality Officers, Chief Physician Executives, Chief Medical Officers, or Chief Innovation Officers.
- Strong understanding of EHR/EMR systems, and preferably direct sales experience in this domain.
- Familiarity with healthcare economics, particularly in the areas of Quality (HEDIS/STARS), and a solid understanding of value-based contracts.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher; Clinical/medical/informatics advanced degree could be helpful but not required.
Compensation Benefits: Amalgam offers competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, plus equity ownership for all employees.