Amalgam Rx Named to the 2022 CB Insights’ Digital Health 150 List
Amalgam Rx recognized for achievements in Digital Therapeutics
"From reimagining clinical care, to leveraging tech like AR/VR to improve surgical training, this year’s Digital Health 150 winners are transforming the future of healthcare with digital technology,” said Brian Lee, SVP of CB Insights’ Intelligence Unit. “This increasingly global cohort, representing more than 18 countries across five continents, is not only driving better patient outcomes, but making healthcare more accessible. We are excited to follow the meaningful impact and continued success of this year’s winners.”
“Amalgam Rx is changing the way healthcare providers (HCPs) and patients make decisions. We’re seamlessly integrating into the lives and workflows of our users to simplify disease prevention and management. Our ability to quickly develop and deploy algorithms in the EHR and regulated solutions globally on behalf of the world’s largest health plans and life sciences companies is changing outcomes at scale,” said Ryan Sysko, chief executive officer and founder of Amalgam Rx.
Utilizing the CB Insights platform, the research team selected these 150 winners from a pool of over 13,000 private companies, including applicants and nominees. They were chosen based on factors including R&D activity, proprietary Mosaic scores, market potential, business relationships, investor profile, news sentiment analysis, competitive landscape, team strength, and tech novelty. The research team also reviewed over 3,000 Analyst Briefings submitted by applicants.
Key Capabilities of Amalgam Rx:
- Global SaMD Platform: Amalgam has Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) cleared and deployed on four continents and can rapidly configure patient and HCP solutions for life sciences companies.
- Decision Support at Scale: In the last 12 months, Amalgam has helped providers evaluate more than 50,000,000 clinical decisions.
- EHR-Solutions: Amalgam has integrated with the leading EHRs, as well as many specialty EHRs to offer a range of solutions in the workflow.
- Real-World Data: The company has more than 8 billion data points, including: longitudinal EHR data, claims data, and other self-management data that help power Amalgam’s products and decision making.
- Value-Based Care Support: Amalgam supports some of the largest health insurance payers by integrating value-based decision making in the EHR to support shared savings agreements with health systems.
Quick facts on the 2022 Digital Health 150:
- Equity funding and deals: Since 2017, this year's Digital Health 150 winners have raised around $5.6B in equity funding across 378 deals. This includes approximately $1.6B raised across 85 deals in 2022 YTD alone.
- Unicorns: This year's list includes only 5 unicorns with a $1B+ valuation, around 3% of the total list. For comparison, last year's list contained 17. This tracks with a broader drop in new unicorns across sectors in 2022
- Global Reach: Winners in this year's Digital Health 150 span 18 countries across 5 continents. A quarter (25%) are headquartered outside of the US — the most in the history of our list. While the US still leads, the UK comes in second with 9 winners, followed by Canada with 5 and Brazil with 3.
About CB Insights
CB Insights builds software that enables the world's best companies to discover, understand, and make technology decisions with confidence. By marrying data, expert insights, and work management tools, clients manage their end-to-end technology decision-making process on CB Insights. To learn more, please visit www.cbinsights.com.
About Amalgam Rx
Amalgam reimagines health care by helping patients and providers make the best decisions possible - in the provider workflow and in patients’ everyday lives. Through a suite of EHR Solutions and a modular SaMD platform, Amalgam enables the leading life sciences companies, health plans, and provider organizations to collaboratively deliver better care. Today, Amalgam's algorithms and applications support nearly 10 million patients across 4 continents and have helped providers make over 50 million decisions. For more information on how Amalgam Rx’s regulated, clinically validated technologies bring patients and providers closer together, reduce costs for payers, and unlock sustained value for our partners, visit amalgamrx.com.